Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Now What

I did it. I pull the Christmas from the attic. Un-boxed it. Now to do something with it.
As you can see my house is in a uproar.

This is some of the greenery laying around. A Snow Bunnie scene and candle sticks.
I have table skirts everywhere. But I'm using the one I did earlier on the coffee table.


I put the Nativity on the Dining Room table. It's big enough for every one to still sit at. That is when I clear it off.

Not sure if I'll leave the bird cage here or not. I usually do a table scape. But the florals will cover the runner. I may leave the bird cage here.


You can't really see but the table is full of Dept. 56 Snow Village. The mantel is cleared for the country one. The Hall table is ready for the City one. The Snow Blankets are ready to be put down. Then the fun begins.
I Love The Village.
This is the first year that I haven't bought a new house to add to my collection. Yet.
I do think I may have to buy more greenery. My intentions are to do a pine garland down the staircase with red bows.
This year I'm using traditional colors. RED and GOLD.
I did buy the wreath for the front door. I know shame on me. As a general rule I would have did it myself but I wanted a plain pine cone, greenery wreath. I may add a bow. Not sure.
Some things that I've used in the past just don't seem to fit this house.

Now for the tree.
My passion is snowmen and gingerbread men. The tree is always full of them. Have not found anything other theme that brings to mind, simpler times.
Maybe its the kid in me. Maybe its the dreams that still haunt me of happy times.

For some reason this years I need to focus on simplicity. Maybe I'm looking for what I did not have as a child. Maybe I'm getting older. Thats a fact not a maybe.
For what ever reason I'm excited and will post pictures when I'm finished.

CHANGES
Today I start part-time with American Greetings. Thats a good thing. At this time I find I needed to get away from the house and the office. Found myself wanting to stay away from everyone. Thats not good when you are a people person.
DH is O.K. with it since its Part-time. But that could change.

Till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment