Saturday, July 24, 2010

Sunbonnet Sue



A few years ago I started working on a Sun Bonnet Sue / nine patch baby quilt. Now mind you we were not expecting a grand daughter but when ask what I was working on I said a baby quilt for my granddaughter.

Now as time has past we have one and another one the way.

Roxy Dee got a purple and green off center nine patch. Mother's request. Madison who is set to arrive mid November, Mother loves Sun Bonnet Sue.

So today I plan on pinning and getting ready to quilt. Still alittle undecided how I'm going to quilt the Sue blocks.

CHRISTMAS PLANS

I know its 100 outside and Christmas in 5 months away but my minds been busy these days. As of now and everything is subject to change. Here's my list of to do:

Raggedy Ann Dolls and Raggedy Ann quilts for the 2 Granddaughters. Thanks Karen for feeding my passion.

Horse quilt for Ryan. Only boy in the bunch.

Black/White quilt for Zoe. ( Our Great-Niece that has moved in) She's 11. Her Dad has serious issues and for now shes with us. Only God knows for how long. May be until she leaves for College. May be a month. But for now she'll be treated as ours.

Not sure if thats all the quilting I'll do or not. Would love to do a quilt for all 3 families.

And in the mist of that we need to do day gowns and such.

Oh, Well at least I want be bored.

No comments:

Post a Comment