Sunday, August 14, 2016

SOME THINGS YOU JUST CAN'T FIX

Years ago when I first started quilting, I fell in love with the bear paw pattern.
So being a old sewer without thinking I started one.
I soon got bored with it and put it in the to do later project pile.

Being very much a novice I did not studying the pattern or pay much attention to instructions.

A few weeks ago I decided to finish this one.

Not thinking too much I laid out the finished block's and started new ones to complete a queen size quilt.

Well, what I found out was this:

I've learned alot.
1. 1/4 inch. seams are IMPORTANT.
2. Check and double check pattern lay out.
3. Sometimes you got to just stop!!!!!

After looking at past blocks and the current ones I found that my paws were wrong on some.
Seam allowance were not always the same.

So after much thought I have decided to admit defeat on this one.

I realized I'VE LEARNED ALOT.

Will I try this pattern again?
YES, YES, YES.
Love the pattern.




No comments:

Post a Comment